What We Stand For
The Alamo STEM Ecosystem cultivates a robust community STEM/STEAM mindset with a focus on equity.
What we strive for
Commitment #1: The Alamo STEM Ecosystem will train and support 500 local educators (pre- & in-service) who are new to STEM education, identify as a BIPOC educator, and/or serve underrepresented students by January 2025.
Commitment #2: The Alamo STEM Ecosystem will develop an interactive website that serves as a one-stop shop for local STEM education news, events, resources, and a partner page to connect with local cross-sector STEM partners by January 2025.
Commitment #3: The Alamo STEM Ecosystem will directly serve 3,000 underrepresented students through programmatic activities including summer camps, internships, youth advisory boards & committees, Boeing STEM Signing Day & CORE4 STEM events, and local STEM-related competitions and challenges by January 2025.
Other Important Goals We’re Striving For:
- Increase the number of 8th graders that select the STEM endorsement by using STEM/STEAM pathways metrics.
- Increase the number of active members in our ecosystem each year.
- Conduct a community needs assessment for STEM/STEAM.
- Create an asset map of STEM/STEAM providers.
How we work
- Focus on problem solving, critical and creative thinking, collaboration, design process, communication skills, ethics, empathy, and professional courtesy.
- Identify and eliminate barriers to increase equitable access for all and increase belonging in STEAM environments.
- Explore new ways to partner across sectors.
- Continuous improvement – ethical data practices, data informed, evidence based research and evaluate what we do.
- Community centered, driven, and owned.
- We serve all people and encourage them to be lifelong learners.
- Value and Empower youth voice.
- Document what we do and how we do it.
- Continuous improvement – this work continues no matter who is leading it.
- Culture of collaboration – community over competition.
- Action oriented.
- Utilize the collective impact framework: common agenda, shared metrics, mutually reinforcing activities, continuous, transparent communication, backbone support/organization.
- Be good stewards of collective resources.
- Commit to a culture of learning in the ecosystem.
- Promote growth learning opportunities that incorporate real world and cross disciplinary connections.
Get In Touch
Location: 5815 Callaghan Rd. Suite 101 San Antonio, TX 78228
Telephone: (210) 444-1710 ext. 1737