What We Stand For
The Alamo STEM Ecosystem cultivates a robust community STEM/STEAM mindset with a focus on equity.
Our Design Principles
How we work
- Focus on problem solving, critical and creative thinking, collaboration, design process, communication skills, ethics, empathy, and professional courtesy.
- Identify and eliminate barriers to increase equitable access for all and increase belonging in STEAM environments.
- Explore new ways to partner across sectors.
- Continuous improvement – ethical data practices, data informed, evidence based research and evaluate what we do.
- Community centered, driven, and owned.
- We serve all people and encourage them to be lifelong learners.
- Value and Empower youth voice.
- Document what we do and how we do it.
- Continuous improvement – this work continues no matter who is leading it.
- Culture of collaboration – community over competition.
- Action oriented.
- Utilize the collective impact framework: common agenda, shared metrics, mutually reinforcing activities, continuous, transparent communication, backbone support/organization.
- Be good stewards of collective resources.
- Commit to a culture of learning in the ecosystem.
- Promote growth learning opportunities that incorporate real world and cross disciplinary connections.
What we strive for
- Increase the number of 8th graders that select the STEM endorsement by 5% and include other STEM/STEAM pathways metrics.
- Establish STEM/STEAM community creativity centers using open-ended materials and industry-based projects.
- Increase the number of active members from industry making contributions by 5% each year.
- Conduct a community needs assessment for
- Create an asset map of STEM/STEAM providers.
- Create a communication and marketing plan
- Create a community communication platform for multiple parts of the community STEM/STEAM resources: OST, postsec programs, camps, academic support, events, internships, mentorships, STEM jobs.
- Create a marketing campaign about STEM/STEAM in SA. (day of video to capture that information, I have a STEM/STEAM mindset, developing STEM skills including cert/degreed).